Founded in 1994, YogaFit is the largest yoga mind body fitness school in the world. YogaFit emphasizes sports science and alignment principles, as well as the ancient traditions of yoga. Bringing yoga to everybody in a safe, accessible, and adaptable way, YogaFit allows for a full range of fitness levels, age groups, and health conditions while maintaining the essence of the practice.
YogaFit’s 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training provides the fundamentals you need to become a certified yoga teacher or take your own practice to the next level. It is ideal for advanced yoga practitioners and yoga enthusiasts, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and even the yoga curious. Until now this amazing program was only available in-person or live online, requiring you to commit to specific dates and times. Now you have the opportunity to move through the vast teachings in YogaFit’s 200-hour program at a pace that works for you with pre-recorded sessions over an 18-month period of time. Plus, you will have six live one-hour mentor sessions with a YogaFit Master Trainer throughout your journey to ask questions, delve deeper into a topic, practice teaching, and receive feedback.
During this journey you will learn:
- Principles of anatomy and physiology as they apply to yoga
- Inspiring and dynamic vinyasa yoga sequencing grounded in proper alignment and the safety of exercise science
- Pose modifications to ensure that each pose is safe and effective for every body type and physical challenge
- Verbal cues and hands‐on assists
- Transformational language that creates an atmosphere of trust, inclusivity, and self‐exploration
- How to bring your unique personality and style into your teaching
- Breath awareness exercises and pranayama practices to incorporate into your classes
- Common Sanskrit terms and their translations
- The history and philosophy of yoga, and its modern applications
- Basic meditation practices
- The business side of yoga
- Creative visualization, affirmations, and specific self‐awareness practices that will help you integrate what you’ve learned
At the end of your journey, you’ll have the skills and confidence to teach yoga classes in a variety of settings such as a gym, school, corporate, or yoga studio.